Sunday, January 17, 2010

Greetings from the ALA Midwinter Conference in Boston, MA

Welcome from ALA Midwinter in Boston, Massachusetts



I am currently at the American Library Association (ALA) Midwinter conference in Boston, Massachusetts with thousands of librarians, vendor, and other information professionals.






Here is the direct link to the conference:
http://www.ala.org/ala/conferencesevents/upcoming/midwinter/2010/



On Friday I attended a lively panel session on Author Forum-From Book to Big Screen with authors Eric Van Lustbader, Tom Hogan, Tracy Chevalier, and Julie Campbell. I will upload pictures that I took later today.

I thoroughly enjoyed this session. Julie Campbell was humorous as she talked about not being invited to be on the set for the film "Julie and Julia" until she wrote negative comments on her blog and the studio personnel invited her to the set and begged her to stop writing negative comments about them. By the way, Julie Campbell is the author of the book "Jule & Julia" that was made into the film starring Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci.




Yesterday I attended the Eleventh Annual Arthur Curley Memorial Lecture featuring former Vice President Al Gore. His speech was absolutely wonderful on global warming and how important it is for us to lobby to change policies. He talked about his new book, "How We Can Solve the Climate Crisis. Young Readers additiond." He autographed my book and I told him that "HE IS MY HERO!" He is quite inspirational.
I will write more on this later but I am off the Conference.  








On a side note, I attended the Boston Symphony last night and was in heaven! What a beautiful concert hall. There isn't a bad seat in the house. Sir Colin Davis conducted.




Music is my second love only to children's books so last night yours truly new to Boston for the ALA Midwinter conference ... I hailed a cab and trekked over to the Boston Symphony Hall to see the Boston Symphony Orchestra's performance of Wolfgang Amade Mozart's "Symphony No. 38 in D, K.504, Prague" and Edward Elgar's "Violin Concerto in B Minor, Opus 61." The solo violin was played by the awesome Danish pianist Nikolaj Znaider.


I am so VERY happy that I attended this performance.

Well, back to the conference.... I have met some wonderful librarians, authors, vendors, and other information professionals.

I am off to the conference!

Until then....

Happy Reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Children's book a day, keeps the scary monster away!

No comments:

Post a Comment