Here is the list of Picture Book Best Sellers:
1. PLENDIFEROUS CHRISTMAS, by Jane O’Connor. Illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser.
2. NUBS, by Brian Dennis, Mary Nethery and Kirby Larson.
3. LEGO STAR WARS, by Simon Beecroft. (DK, $21.99.) An annotated visual dictionary.
4. THE CHRISTMAS SWEATER, adapted by Chris Schoebinger from the story by Glenn Beck. Illustrated by Brandon Dorman.
5.T HE LION AND THE MOUSE, by Jerry Pinkney.
6. SKIPPYJON JONES, LOST IN SPICE, by Judy Schachner.
7. WHITE NOISE, by David A. Carter.
8. WADDLE!, written and illustrated by Rufus Butler Seder.
9. 14 COWS FOR AMERICA, by Carmen Agra Deedy with Wilson Kimeli Naiyomah. Illustrated by Thomas Gonzalez.
10. DEWEY (THERE'S A CAT IN THE LIBRARY!)
This week's Chapter Book best sellers include:
1. CATCHING FIRE, by Suzanne Collins.
2. THE HUNGER GAMES, by Suzanne Collins.
3. MILLION-DOLLAR THROW by Mike Lupica.
4. THE MAGICIAN'S ELEPHANT, by Kate DiCamillo and Yoko Tanaka.
5. HUSH, HUSH, by Becca Fitzpatrick.
6. TRICKS, by Ellen Hopkins.
7. THIRTEEN REASONS WHY, by Jay Asher.
8. LEVIATHAN, by Scott Westerfeld. Illustrated by Keith Thompson.
9. SHIVER, by Maggie Stiefvater.
10.THE GRAVEYARD BOOK, by Neil Gaiman. Illustrated by Dave McKean.
Here are this week's Paperback best sellers:
1. THE BOOK THIEF, by Markus Zusak.
2. THREE CUPS OF TEA: YOUNG READERS EDITION, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin.
3. THIRST NO. 1, by Christopher Pike.
4. DARK VISIONS, by L. J. Smith.
5. BLUE MOON, by Alyson Noël.
6. EVERMORE, by Alyson Noël.
7 . THE ABSOLUTELY TRUE DIARY OF A PART-TIME INDIAN, by Sherman Alexie. Illustrated by Ellen Forney.
8. GRACELING, by Kristin Cashore.
9. THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PAJAMAS, by John Boyne.
10. IMPOSSIBLE, by Nancy Werlin.
Here are this week's Series best sellers:
1. DIARY OF A WIMPY KID, written and illustrated by Jeff Kinney.
2. THE TWILIGHT SAGA, by Stephenie Meyer.
3. HOUSE OF NIGHT, by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.
4. PERCY JACKSON & THE OLYMPIANS, by Rick Riordan.
5. THE 39 CLUES, by various authors.
6. VAMPIRE DIARIES, by L. J. Smith.
7. THE MYSTERIOUS BENEDICT SOCIETY, by Trenton Lee Stewart.
8. BLUE BLOODS, by Melissa de la Cruz.
9. VAMPIRE ACADEMY, by Richelle Mead.
10. MORGANVILLE VAMPIRES, by Rachel Caine.
I plan to read some of the books on each of these lists. Hmmm. Wonder where I might begin. I am thinking
DEWEY (THERE'S A CAT IN THE LIBRARY!) by Vicki Myron and Bret Witter. Illustrated by Steve James.
This is a good starting point for any librarian who LOVES children's books!
Until the next time....
A children's book a day, keeps the scary monster away!!!!!!!!!!!