Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and Pictures by Oliver Jeffers

Once upon a time a children's book comes along that is so creatively written that adults love it as much or more than children... Here it is......

The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and 
Pictures by Oliver Jeffers



Poor Duncan just wants to color. But when he opens his box of crayons, he finds only letters, all saying the same thing: His crayons have had enough! They quit! Beige Crayon is tired of playing second fiddle to Brown Crayon. Black wants to be used for more than just outlining. Blue needs a break from coloring all those bodies of water. And Orange and Yellow are no longer speaking—each believes he is the true color of the sun.



What can Duncan possibly do to appease all of the crayons and get them back to doing what they do best?
One day in class, Duncan went to take out his crayons an found a stack of letters with his name on them.

"Hey, Duncan, It's me, Red Crayon... 

Dear Duncan, All right, Listen...

Dear Duncan, I'm tired of being called ...

Duncan, Gray Crayon here....

Dear Duncan, You color with me, but why?

Hi, Duncan, I hate being used to draw the outline of things...

Dear Duncan, As green crayon, I am writing for two reasons...

Dear Duncan, Yellow crayon here...

Dear Duncan, I see yellow crayon already talked ...

Dear Duncan, It has been great being your FAVORITE color this PAST year...

Duncan, OKay, LISTEN HERE, KID...

HEY, DUNCAN, It's me PEACH CRAYON...

Well, poor Duncan just wanted to color ...

You will have to read this incredibly funny story to learn the entire story and how he solved the "crayon quitting dilemma::))"

This book is so funny and well written that I have recommended it to countless library patrons, parents, grandparents, children, teachers, educators, and friends. I have purchased and given away so many copies of this book that I can't remember how many I have purchased.

Every time I pick up book, I have to read it cover to cover and laugh and the entire time!

My family loves this book and we always read it at family gatherings !

What a treat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers! 

Can't wait until your next collaboration...



HAPPY READING....

UNTIL THE NEXT TIME....

A CHILDREN'S BOOK A DAY, KEEPS THE SCARY MONSTER AWAY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment