Friday, December 12, 2014

It's Potty Time...

Dinosaur vs. The Potty by Bob Shea





Dinosaur doesn't need to use the potty. Even when he's making lemonade, running through the sprinkler, having a three juice box lunch, and splashing in rain puddles. See? He's doing his victory dance. Wait . . . that's not a victory dance, that looks like a POTTY DANCE! Run, Dinosaur, run!






I am often the children's librarian in many libraries and so invariably I am asked to recommend "potty" training books. I always giggle and my first choice is.....

You guessed it...

Dinosaur vs. the Potty.

When parents see this book they immediately laugh and say, why wasn't this book available when I was a kid or when I was trying to potty train my older kids...

If a picture is worth a million words.. This book is a true winner.....

I laugh every time that I open this book!

So what make this book so special? Let's have a look...

First of all the bright red color of the dinosaur. His kid friendly, non threatening body is drawn so well. He seems to be your run of the mill friendly, bubbly, red dinosaur that likes to have fun and likes "water-based" activities and after partaking in them, he still doesn't have to go to the potty.

The colors throughout the book are BIG! BOLD!!!!!!! and EYE CATCHING.

The text is short and to the point...

The book begins with "ROAR! I'M A DINOSAUR!"

The dinosaur let's us know that he is BIG and BAD and the HDIC! "Head Dinosaur In Charge"


He then roar! roar! roar!
Dinosaur versus...

making lemonade! roar! roar! mix! squeeze! roar!

He gulps down the entire pitcher and still doesn't have to use the potty. This continues for several more activities and then ... well... you'll have to read the book to find out!!!!!!!!!

I loved this book! What a brilliantly creative book! The pictures and text and are fun and engaging! It will bring a smile to everyone's face from the very young to the "not so very young.!

I would highly recommend this gem of a book to everyone! I would love to see this in every home, school, day care, public, and private library.

Let us know what you think about this book! 

Has this helped with potty training your children? grand children? nieces? nephews?

Until the next time............

Happy Reading.............

A children's book a day, keeps the scary monster away!

No comments:

Post a Comment