Saturday, October 25, 2014

Tuesday Tucks Me In by Captain Luis Carlos Montalvan

Tuesday Tucks Me In: The Loyal Bond between a Soldier and His Service Dog

 by Captain Luis Carlos Montalvan

 

 "EVERY MORNING, TUESDAY HELPS"
Luis gets his shoes on, one at  a time. He reminds Luis to take his medicine. He even gets Luis' cane for him. 
But here's the one thing about Tuesday: he's not a person---he's a service dog."



Every so often there comes along a book that is so well written... so poignant... so beautiful that it makes you laugh, cry, and never want it to end.

That is true for Tuesday Tucks Me In. Tuesday Tucks Me In is the follow up to Captain Luis Carlos Montalvan's New York Times bestselling novel "Until Tuesday."

This book is written from Tuesday's point of view.  The story begins with a large picture of Tuesday's face waking up Captain Montalvan. We travel with Luis and Tuesday as they begin their day, some of their adventures along the way, and finally when they have their prayers, and they fall asleep with Luis holding Tuesday while they sleep.

I look at this book before I fall asleep at night so that I make sure that I fall asleep happy and with a smile on my face. 

As a librarian, I have recommended this book to many library patrons, family members, friends, and others who I some times meet along my journey. People are so excited when they see the book! One of the patrons reminded me that Captain Montalvan is wearing socks with Tuesday's picture on them on the cover of the book. How lovely!

I absolutely loved the story of Former Captain Luis Carlos Montalvan and his four-legged best friend, hero, and brother Tuesday!The photos are so breathtakingly beautiful. 

I giggle every time that I see the picture with Tuesday and his two furry friends and his less furry friend...

"I meet friends both furry..." "...and less furry. "

My favorite picture in the book is at the very end... You'll have to read the book to see what I mean.

I highly recommend this book to EVERYONE who loves a wonderful heart warming story! This is a must buy for all school, day care, public,and  home libraries and anywhere where children love animals and dogs in particular!

You won't be disappointed.



Happy reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until the next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A children's book a day, keeps the scary monster away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment