Monday, May 6, 2013

Beautiful Ballerina by Marilyn Nelson and Susan Kuklin




Beautiful Ballerina

by Marilyn Nelson and Susan Kuklin


I love ballet and have started taking lessons this semester.

I went to see the Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre's performance of Cinderella and this past weekend, went to the the PittsburghOpera's La Cenerentola (Cinderella) by Giachino Rossini.

I loved both the PBT's and Pittsburgh Opera's Cinderella.

I found this book Beautiful Ballerina by Marilyn Nelson and Susan Kuklin and had to review it for this blog.

*********

This delightful read contains poety as well as photos of real students at the Dance Theatre of Harlem.  

This book would make a great addition to home, school, public and other libraries. I recommended this to my friends who have daughters taking ballet as I knew they would be able to identify with the story, pictures, and book overall. I hope that you all enjoy this magnificient read as much as I did.

Happy reading!

Until the next time.

A children's book a day, keeps the scary monster away!

No comments:

Post a Comment