Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pittsburgh Opera's Opera for Educators Workshop

Today I attended the Pittsburgh Opera's "Opera for Educators" workshop. I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop. We learned about the upcoming opera Rinaldo by George Frederick Handel, opera in general, how sets are designed, some of the arias in the opera, and watched a rehearsal with the orchestra. The food was absolutely delicious. 

We all received packets and two CDs with lesson plans, music, and a plethora of opera resources both online and in print.

We were all given the opportunity to select a book to take with us. I was even given the list of books that the Pittsburgh Opera has in its library. I was so excited when I saw the book "The Dog Who Sang at the Opera" that was written by Jim West and Marshall Izen and illustrated by Erika Oller.

I will review this children's book in my next entry.

Happy Reading...........

Until the next time...

A children's book a day, keeps the scary monster away!

No comments:

Post a Comment